Has anyone whom has been diagnosed been tested for LYME disease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

During my own personal research before i was told it was Fibro I had already concluded it may be either that or LYME disease.

Has anyone here whom has been diagnosed taken a test for LYME disease? Unlike a Fibro test which is basically non existant(?) a test for lyme disease should prove either negative or positive.

Your odds of having being bitten by a tick would increase if you are an outdoors hiker/camper/hunter etc...

I only ask this question as I myself will probably ask for a test. I had been bitten by ticks before at the time not knowing which insect left that funny red dot with a circle around it. Hence in my case i have a valid concern. I wonder if anyone ( including myself ) could have been misdiagnosed.

Hello
I asked for a Lyme test about 4 to 5 yrs before I was diagnosed with fibro. It was negative.

Hi there,

yes I was also tested for Lyme disease also because my MRI's show multiple brain lesions. But apparently these are caused by my chronic migraines. It a good idea to get tested for this especially if you recall being bit my ticks in the past.

Lyndsey

negative for lyme
negative ANA which is for systemic lupus, although I do have discoid lupus which is diagnosed with a biopsy.

Negative for both kinds of lyme test (the generic and the more specific).

I have had tests over and over, but they were always negative.

I also was convinced forever it was Lyme, still not convinced it's not. However have had both test and 2 negatives. Spent 7 years in the military so many bites who would know. I think with more and more research many of us will be surprised what is all to come. Hang in there but definitely get tested.

I was tested for Lymes which was negative, prior to being tested for Fibro. You should definitely be tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back