View Single Post
Old 08-07-2005, 09:29 PM #11 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

New Member (Say Hi)

Dear Carol, Dana and Upila,

Thank you so much for your kind words and obvious experience in dealing with this horrible news. The initial shock of the news was terrible for all of us, completely devastating and felt and feels like a horrible nightmare. Nothing could ever prepare you for this. I know I have to be strong and am trying so hard to be. I do have hope, I have to, that there is a chance he will be one of the luckier ones. As each of you mentioned, I do worry about him so much. He has been very depressed since the news, he has not taken it very well at all. I know he puts the face on for us, the kids, but know he is not so good when we are not around. I am still at the stage that I am not sure how to handle the illness with him. I don't know whether to talk or ask about how he is feeling, because I do want to know, or just as mentioned stay happy and light around him the best way I can. It has always been his nature to worry so much about us, I know now he is worrying how we are handling things as much as or more than he is worrying himself. Any suggestions on how to be that you think will help him the most. We have always had a wonderful and open relationship, however, I realize more now that he has never really talked much about any of his real concerns about life, he has only really worried about ours. As you can tell, he really has devoted everything to making sure we have always been alright.

I am so glad I have found this forum and am sure it will be a huge support network that I really need now and will as time passes. Thank you again for your comments and advice, I look forward to a continued support and openess that I have received having just joined the group.

Thank you for being so welcoming.

Christina