View Single Post
Old 08-06-2005, 11:06 PM #7 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

8 is an unknown quantity at this point
New Member (Say Hi)
8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Christina and welcome,

Sorry to hear about your dad. As for the rate of progression with als, no one really knows why some people fail faster than others. Your diet, and mental well being are of main factors I think, as well as many other contributing factors being alternative medicines and treatments. Unfortunatley, there are no givens to this awful ailment. One will progress as one progresses. Henrys als moved very slow for the first 5 years, and then it was a rapid downhill race. The bottom line is, what will be, will be. There are no concrete answers to als, as we all know. I hope that he will keep a positive attitude and a sense of humour in the days to come. That will help him a lot. A good support team is also of the must. It sounds like you are a caring loving family, so you will be alright. I know it does not seem that way now, but believe me, coming from one who knows, you will do fine. It is an overwhelming diagnosis to be told you have als, but, you will cope, you will find your way. Everyone has their own way of dealing with things and you will find yours. If you need anything, need any advice or questions answered please feel free to ask. We are a good bunch here and we will stick together through thick and thin. Take care and God Bless you all.

Stay Strong, Carol