View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 07:27 PM #17 (permalink)

kelly11016 is on a distinguished road
City: Auburn
State: Alabama
kelly11016 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Don't discount Lyme

I wanted to add a little to this convo about ticks and Lyme's Disease. My doctor told me that it really doesnt matter how you remove it because it can infect you at any point during implantation of your skin. However, the tick that infected me I removed it with tweezers by pinching my skin up and almost ripping some of my skin off to make sure I got the head with it but alas, I was infected anyway with the head still intact. Years later I get mononeuritis multiplex as secondary to an untreated Lyme infection that was still active after 6 years. So who knows...I just know my symptoms mimicked ALS very closely and with all the degeneration on EMG as well. Strangely there was a girl being treated at the same time as me that had ALS diagnosis for 2 years and was in a wheelchair and could not hold her head up on her own then 6 months later I went back to get my test for cure and the ladies told me that she had made a quick recovery and was now walking again.

This stuff is all so strange but the connection is something I am going to investigate further when I get into my Phd program. I wish I knew more people that are diagnosed legitimately with lyme that were or eventually diagnosed with ALS.