New Member (Say Hi)

diana17642 is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
City: online
State: online
Diagnosed: 01/2010
diana17642 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Don't discount Lyme

My mom has been diagnosed with ALS for over a year. The doctor she's been going to for several months is convinced that she has Lyme disease and that's what caused the ALS. He says that the only way to completely get rid of the lyme is to take cat's claw. He says antibiotics won't help because it has gone to the "cellular level" in her body, but if it flares up, then she can be treated. My sister has been talking to her boyfriend's mom about it because she is a nurse. She says it's never too late to be treated and she should be getting pumped full of antibiotics through an IV. I am so torn. I want my mom to get better. If it is lyme disease, then she should be doing everything she can to get rid of lyme. She is now going to a doctor whose wife has had ALS for 4 years and walks perfectly fine. My mom has to use a walker. I'm so glad I found this forum to be able to talk with and learn from others about something that I know nothing about other than that it is robbing my mother of her life. I would like to hear some success stories about people who have had ALS and were cured. The only ones I have been able to find are the ones where they have been miraculously healed by God. I am trusting in Him that He will cure her, but I'm not a very patient person. I want her cured now, not later.