View Single Post
Old 03-31-2005, 01:20 PM #8 (permalink)

Hi,

one of the ways many docs who treat lyme assess you if you have a negative test is by clincial diagnosed, and the herxheimer reaction.

some like myself was so sick last year, i didn't get worse in many ways only better and then worse later. when the bacteria are dying, symptoms flare, tHis can last days and has been known to last weeks when people have a High bacterial load.

many end up tHinking or being told they are allergic to antibiotics because of tHis if they don't know they have lyme and that tHis is dieoff.

tHis happened to me years ago, on minocycline for acne, if i had of known then what i know now, i would have continued with it and wouldn't be where i am today.

lyme is complex, for years i just had muscle pain, anxiety, depression like symtpoms, fatique etc.

after my son and c-section tHings must have got stirred up again and over the next 2 years new problems arouse until i went down with an avalanche of symptoms in sept 2003, haven't worked since and thought i would die, but didn't.

important note: lyme can show as a bulleyes rash. not everyone gets tHis or knows if they have been bit by a tick. i have had the bulleyes rash a few times but tHis is not the norm. there are also other skin manisfestations of lyme as rashes that are not bulleyes so even more confusing. i was always red in the face, like i drank everyday. very sensitive skin and developed mcs - wHich is common as well - multiple chemical senstivities. for some tHis is a early symptom, and may be all that they really notice at first.

unfortuanatly neurologists seem to be non-beleivers of lyme even with postiive test in front of them and from all i have learned are likely to say it is a false positive. false positives dont' happen very often, but false negatives seem to be the norm.

take care
lymiecanuck