View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 08:58 AM #65 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

jay12155 is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
City: Atlanta
State: GA
Diagnosed: 04/2010
jay12155 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Connection Between ALS and Lyme disease?

I have ahd muscle twitching for years. The first 'symptom' i remember is having trouble walking (nothing major, just felt funny going up hill stairs, etc). Then when i sprained an ankle it seemed to get progessively worse. Went to my PC doc who saw nothing mechanical and the PA suggested a chiropractor. Did that for months, felt good, but did not get 'better'. When i saw the Nueros, they saw the twitching and focused in on that and the gait problem and did not listen to anything i said beyond that. Were not intersted in the ankle at all. All of the clinical stuff pointed to ALS so that is where they looked.

As i read more about Lymes it seemed to fit with the symptoms and progression of my situation. You have to go deep into the search pages away from the stuff that people are trying to sell you. I thank God that i have a friend who, too, is a lymes survivor diagnosed with a MND years ago who encouraged my wife and i to keep digging. I have heard of people who have waited until they were much worse and did not seem to improve once a treatment began. I do pray that anyone who gets this terrible news of any MND takes a deep breath and keeps faith. God has called us all to serve a higher purpose in life. We cannot know what it is now, but we can be sure of it.