View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 05:25 PM #60 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

jay12155 is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
City: Atlanta
State: GA
Diagnosed: 04/2010
jay12155 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Connection Between ALS and Lyme disease?

After two visits to Neuros and a trip to an ALS clinic--- all said yep, you got it. No additional testing (had an EMG and spinal tap by the Neuros), no interest at all in any other diagnosis, or listening to my medical history (have been like this for at least a year). Found a lot a material on ALS-Lymes and thank God that found a Lymes Literate MD. He saw me and said for every one reason they say you have ALS, i can give three that you don't. Gave me several different types of blood tests (you have to be tested for bands, the standard On/Off WB test is not as reliable) Anyway, the blood came back and I tested positive for Lymes and am on the road to recovery. It's no picnic, but at least i can see hope where there was none. If I had taken the diagnosis handed to me and not pursued other things who knows where I may be.

You need to be your own advocate. If your doctor won't listen or give you the tests find another one. I'm not sayying it is all about Lymes, it was for me, and from what I can see several others, too.