View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 10:16 AM #55 (permalink)

7859 is on a distinguished road
City: Snellville
State: Ga
Diagnosed: 5/2008
7859 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Connection Between ALS and Lyme disease?

Prednisone....To whoever mentioned prednisone...I was prescribed that too at the same time as the antibiotics, so I felt certain that was why I seemed to be getting around so much better. Well..the antibiotics ran out, and I still have, and take prednisone. My extra strength declined after the antibiotics were gone. Although, I do think prednisone is a wonderful medication! It gives a little boost of energy, helps pain, appetite etc. I take one in the morning with my coffee.

Barry...Lyme is more prevalent in Canada than the stats indicate. From what I gather.. The disease originates in the deer. Insects get it from the deer, and graciously transports it to humans. If someone knows otherwise. Feel free to correct me. If there are deer, and blood sucking insects, the chance of lyme is there, IMHO

There are a number of people out there that think ALS is Lyme that has been left untreated for too long. Who knows..When I got my final DX. I tried to tell the Neurologist my tick story. He didn't want to hear any of it. in fact he interrupted, and didn't even let me finish talking. Nobody seems to know a darn thing about this disease, so I think all avenues should remain open. The cause is probably something right under our noses!