Thread: ALS/Lyme Help
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 02:58 PM #17 (permalink)

kelly11016 is on a distinguished road
City: Auburn
State: Alabama
kelly11016 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ALS/Lyme Help

I know what you mean about the looseness..I've gotten myself into all kinds of a mess with those issues lately. Are you taking anything to prevent LMN involvement or have your neuros given any suggestions? And you have not had any more progression much since your onset right? I have tried to read up on ya but you've been around here awhile with alot of posts lol

I'm really starting to confuse everyone now..lol..they were trying to chase me around with all sorts of theories but the fact that my reflexes will be brisk one day and then normal the next...they as well as I are scratching our heads. I can find anyone or anything on the net where this is the case.

Did they just diagnose you with PLS at the loss of anything else explaining the UMN involvement? You said you dont have clonus, you have weakness, babinski? anything else that is standard for UMN ? Did your neuros do blood panels for viruses, deficiency, things like that? I know they always do the typical B12, thyroid, CpK, AnA, blah blah? They just did like 8 panels on me because my doctor says that alot of different things can cause UMN symptoms.

I research so much about everything and anything just wondering about ya because besides the shoulder thing you sound like most of the PNH peeps I have talked to. have they done a muscle biopsy on that shoulder?