View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 06:55 PM #18 (permalink)

1070 is on a distinguished road
City: saratoga springs
State: ny
1070 is on a distinguished road
Default als/lyme

Hello everyone,
I am new to this website. My husband is 39 years old and has slurring of his speech and muscle fascilations for approx 7 months. He has seen several neurologists, and had every test imaginable. His most recent test was a spinal tap. The general concensus from neurologists is that he is suffering from early onset-Als. We are on a serious roller coaster right now and scared to death of what the future brings. We have 3 and 5 year old boys.
The reason I am writing is because we are praying that he has lyme disease(sounds strange to pray for a disease). He has had 3 lyme tests and they all came back negative. However, we have a wonderful infectious disease Doctor that also believes he has lyme..even with the negative tests. My husband received 30 days iv antibiotics..his energy improved..and speech showed slight improvent. He just completed 8 weeks of oral antibiotics and his speech is regressing again. I was wondering if anyone has any insight or suggestions..or where to go next. As a side note..insurance has refused to pay for many of his tests saying they are experimental..great! Please write if anyone has any suggestions.
Keeping the faith! Kelly